Anyone for Seconds?

Secondary Infertility is the name of the game. Who wants to play? A TTC blog of internal torture.

 

 

 
Monday, October 23, 2006
The trade-off
So, does it make me a fickle creature if I am currently more occupied with getting a new car than I am with ttc? It is my current state of mind. My car has ceased to purr like a kitten and has instead started to cough and sputter more than a democrat politician caught with his pants down. I'm thinking transmission issues, but I'm no expert. My husband thinks transmission and he's no expert either. Either way a newer vehicle needs to be on our horizon sooner rather than later I'm thinking. Oddly enough, this makes me one of several friends who are currently experiencing technical difficulties with their vehicles. Friends both online and not. I'm wondering if cars are fickle creatures that respond to changing seasons with depression and a sudden lack of energy like some humans I know. It wouldn't surprise me, the stupid contraptions are one of the banes of my existence. And I have many, human and non.

On another note, I've been summoned by the icky doctor's office to an appointment at the end of the month. Out of some perverse sense of who-knows-what I agreed to show up. I'm not entirely sure why, maybe to avoid the hassle of an initial visit with some new doctor who could prove to be just as sedentary and parochial as the last, or maybe because I'm a perversely curious idiot and I want to see just what new lows this one can sink to.

Yeah, I'm strange, I know.

You never know, though. They could do the exam and tell me something ridiculous and off-the-wall and so utterly outrageous that it will be pure joy repeating it to all my friends. I just love indignant commiseration. Lots of "can you believe it???" and "the nerve!!" and all that, oh it just gives me such a glow of anticipation I'm almost hoping that the morons in that office won't let me down! Perhaps they'll even pronounce their idiocy while my feet are in the stirrups. Something absurd and stupid like: "well, you definitely had a miscarriage." Thanks for sharing Captain Obvious. I couldn't tell by the way everything shrunk and my mood-swings stopped. Plus that copious bleeding that requires one to wear phone book sized pads, that's soooo easy to miss. Honestly, I just can't wait to hear it. If they actually manage to surprise me with the opposite, great, I'll just tell them that a doctor closer to home would be more convenient and please send my medical records over. Maybe that statement will tease something asinine out of them, you never know.

Anyone want to guess at the statements that may grace my ears? If you leave one they repeat I will be happy to confirm it on this blog so you can do the indignant commiserating with me!
posted by The Writer 12:29 AM  
 
3 Comments:
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ready to commiserate! LOL - sometimes doctors have the most ridiculous things to say. It's as if they are just thinking out loud and must not realize it.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said…

    How about, "you know what you need? A vacation!" And I'm betting it will be said while the feet are in stirrups and your eyes are on the ceiling. All the better to roll them, my dear.

    I can't even tell you how much I loved this part of what you posted on my blog: "The first time you are diagnosed as such it changes who you are and how you see things for the rest of your life. Those who declassify themselves and say "I guess I didn't have a problem" are lying to themselves and lose any positive benefits gained by the struggle itself. I don't want to be that girl, and I wouldn't want it for anyone else either." Loved it.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said…

    Could not agree more--once infertile, always infertile. My mum always told me that once I had a child, the pain of IF would go away, though not the mindset. The way I viewed the world.

    And at the end of the day, the problem is still there as we try again.

    Blech.

     
Post a Comment
<< HOME

myprofile
Name: Pseudonym-er Home: Where my heart is. You don't wanna know.


previouspost
Well what can you do?
Of all the stupid things...
Well, hell.
Stop the press...
What to buy, what to spend....
Just FYI...
Dipping a toe in the ocean.
Up, up and away!
Floating along in bizarro land...
The weirdest thing ever.....


myarchives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
September 2007
April 2011


mylinks
TemplatePanic
dooce
Rockstar Mommy
The Leery Polyp
A Little Pregnant
An Unexpected Journey


bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.