Anyone for Seconds?

Secondary Infertility is the name of the game. Who wants to play? A TTC blog of internal torture.

 

 

 
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
The ongoing saga.....such as it is.
Well, we are heading full bore towards 14 weeks and doing fine. I am finally off the progesterone (thank God!) and haven't noticed any icky side effects from that. Things must really be pretty self-sufficient in there by now! I've had two ultrasounds now and the first at 9 weeks was a new experience for us since we didn't know we were pregnant with our son until well after 12 weeks. We really got a great look at the heart which set our minds at ease and baby even gave us some really gratifying little wiggles even though arms and legs weren't finished yet. My second was at my first OB appointment and was somewhat impromptu. She was unable to find the heartbeat with the doppler (didn't worry me, it was early days yet) so she pulled the ultrasound machine into the room and did a quick look. She never did manage to get a look at the heart but only because baby didn't stop doing gymnastics the entire time. Of course, baby got a pronouncement of "healthy" simply due to the obvious energy and agility! At this point I'm feeling fine, no real morning sickness at all although I'm still really tired a lot of the time. It occasionally hits me that I'm really pregnant and that in September there will be two children instead of one, and those are strange moments. I get excited, scared, overwhelmed, dizzy and generally feel like I'm having a brief out of body experience. All of this hits me in about half a second and I'm forced to pretend that I'm still listening to whomever is currently giving me advice about dealing with two children. Not that I don't like the advice, a lot of it has been handy. I just completely lose track of almost the entire conversation and am forced to peice together and guess to figure out what we are talking about. I've also never had more brain farts per 10 minute period. I think of something that my mind has apparently been searching for and I'm momentarily ecstatic that I've found the lost peice of information only to have it flit away leaving me baffled as to whatever I was trying to communicate when I blurted out "I've got to tell you something!" That part is really annoying. I got to wondering, what would happen if after the baby is born my brain suddenly found all those bits of knowledge? That would be months of things I forgot and they would just come spewing out of my mouth in one big mess. It would all be seriously out of date, context and relevance. How funny would that be?!?! It makes me giggle. Anyway, that tiredness is kicking in now so I'm off to bed. I'll try to come back and update with whatever I forgot in this post that I wanted to write about.
posted by The Writer 10:27 PM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< HOME

myprofile
Name: Pseudonym-er Home: Where my heart is. You don't wanna know.


previouspost
So, we've been keeping a secret.
The interesting things you learn from the news.
Hey, don't I know you?
Oh, me too me too!
So, little question...
The Test...
Now that the party's over.
Here we go a-charting...
Updating dutifully...
Today is the day...


myarchives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
September 2007
April 2011


mylinks
TemplatePanic
dooce
Rockstar Mommy
The Leery Polyp
A Little Pregnant
An Unexpected Journey


bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.