Anyone for Seconds?

Secondary Infertility is the name of the game. Who wants to play? A TTC blog of internal torture.

 

 

 
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Now that the party's over.
So Christmas came, Christmas went. I enjoyed myself immensely, especially watching my son's overly dramatic responses to all the gifts he got. Nobody can gasp with utter joy and surprise quite like a 4-year-old. He unfortunately received several toys that make enough noise to bring on a serious headache or shatter the eardrums, depending on how close you happen to be standing when he turns them on. He is also exceptionally offended when I suggest that the perfect place to play with those toys might be his room. Luckily he also received some toys that make no noise whatsoever and I have no problem with him making use of them in the common rooms of the house. He got some art supplies, a puzzle, a board game, a book and some action figures that he very much wanted but seems slightly unsure how to make use of. My hubby was the happy recipient of things from the Oregon Duck store (from me) and is now the proud owner of the biggest window stickers I have ever seen. I also got him some games that he's been exploring. I was ecstatic to get a new set of stainless steel cookware that can withstand oven temperatures to 400 degrees. My darling hubby was nice enough to get me things from Victoria's Secret that I not only actually wanted but can use! Bras and undies that are actually meant to be worn under clothes! Granted, they are still very pretty and all that but their main purpose is real use instead of 15 minutes of wear followed by a stint on the bedroom floor. One of my very best friends gave me a large basket full of gourmet foods. Included are a bottle of wine and a Tortuga rum cake. I've never had a rum cake but I like cake and I love rum so I imagine I won't have to force it down. ***********************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************

Considering that we've had a few days off I've indulged in something I never get to do. Not a lot of indulgence, just a little because we still have other things to do. I've actually gotten to watch a little TV. Apparently I'm a little out of the loop because several entertaining shows I had never even heard of. Some reality shows actually had my mouth dropping open. There was one where the mom of several small kids was basically allowing them to run the house. She would be trying to pull one of the kid's hands away from a cabinet full of things they were not supposed to touch and this little turd was smacking the crap out of his mother to get what he wanted. The mom never raised her voice or lost her temper but she also said nothing more than "no, no, you can't touch that." This obviously had zero effect on the child and he eventually got frustrated and added kicking and screaming to his offenses against mommy. I actually got pissed enough that I had to change the channel. I understand that there are lots of ways to discipline your children but in order for them to work, you have to actually implement them. I'm not a fan of all the methods, I prefer to spank just like my parents did. The nice thing about this method is that once you've established that you will indeed spank if needed you don't have to do it very often. Now I can give my son options. "You can either go get in bed or I can spank you and then you can go get in bed. What's it gonna be?" This works very, very well. He opts to get into bed and I don't have to spank him. Thank God, because I enjoy it probably about as much as he does. However I still had to show him in the beginning that I meant what I said and could, and would, back it up with a hiding. These days we have pleasant behavior from him the vast majority of the time. Of course, there are several things that earn him a spanking the very second he does them but these are things that he already knows full well not to do and what punishment they earn. We still talk to him after the deed is done and reinforce why he cannot do these things. If the misbehavior is new then he only gets the talk and not the spanking. I would never spank him for something he didn't know was a big no-no. Beyond the spanking he still gets things taken away or is sent to his room for the more minor things and he still gets lots of reminders on what things he should not be doing if he doesn't want to get a spanking. Lots of weeks pass without a single spanking. He also avoids time-outs at daycare 99% of the time and I very rarely get a bad report from anyone who watches him. My conclusion? Spanking works. After a while spanking becomes nigh unnecessary and the idea of the spanking helps the child to make good decisions based on consequences, which is good considering that that is precisely how life works. Ok, that's the end of my spiel. ************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************

On yet another subject, nothing much happening in me-land. Lots of cramps, but it's still a tad early to expect AF to show herself. I'm tired, but that's normal for me and my temps are pretty much back to baseline. So, still expecting the witch and the kickoff of my next round of Clomid. That's ok with me because I know for a fact that I ovulated so this stuff works. That, to me, is a triumph no matter what. My spirits are up, I'm feeling decently contented with the current situation, and I'm actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. The only thing on my mind is being stuck between really wanting to get pregnant and really not wanting to deal with the fear of another miscarriage, let alone the miscarriage itself. Rock and a hard place, baby! I should be used to this by now, don't you think?
posted by The Writer 9:34 AM  
 
3 Comments:
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Life Is Good said…

    Glad you had a great holiday.

    Praying for a successful pregnancy-whenever God decides that is going to be.

    Also hoping that those that ask insensitive questions will have their armpits invaded by a thousand sand fleas!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Sabrina said…

    So....... testing?

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger The Writer said…

    So......why do you ask? Are you impatient? Are you dying to know?

    If so my answer is......you're just gonna have to wait. Like me.

    ;-D

     
Post a Comment
<< HOME

myprofile
Name: Pseudonym-er Home: Where my heart is. You don't wanna know.


previouspost
Here we go a-charting...
Updating dutifully...
Today is the day...
AAAAAAAAK!!!!!
Oh boy, my stomach is pitching!
How do you deal with it?
Can you say boring?
Shocker here...
The update we've all been waiting for...
Just a reminder....


myarchives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
September 2007
April 2011


mylinks
TemplatePanic
dooce
Rockstar Mommy
The Leery Polyp
A Little Pregnant
An Unexpected Journey


bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.