Anyone for Seconds?

Secondary Infertility is the name of the game. Who wants to play? A TTC blog of internal torture.

 

 

 
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Coming in for a closer look.
So while at the local everything store last night with hubby and son the darling man I married came hustling up to me with a box in his hand. He asked me if I thought I'd like one of these things and I looked at the box. A ferning microscope. Off the clearance rack for five dollars. I thought about it for a few minutes and decided it couldn't hurt, especially considering that it was only five dollars. Maybe it would make the charting fun easier to interpret, who knows? So I added it to the cart. Upon returning home I decided to try it and read the instructions, sort of. I put the saliva on the lens and wandered off. I had read the part where it said that it would take ten minutes to dry. Probably 20 minutes later I came back, put the lid on (which houses the magnifier) and had a look. What did I see? Not a damn thing. I thought, what a crock! Good thing I only paid five dollars for the stupid thing.

Then I glanced over at the instruction sheet (complete with handy-dandy diagrams and drawings) and noted that one must then turn the magnifier to focus it.

Oh, riiiiight.

So turn the silly thing I did. Guess what? The damn thing works. And, it tells you how to interpret the ferning so I guess it will make everything a little less complicated. I had always (for whatever strange reason) decided that they were stupid and a waste of money. Most websites I'd seen them on were selling them for 30 dollars or thereabouts so I guess I just needed to see one for 5 dollars to think it may have some validity.

I'll let you know how it goes, I should be ovulating in the next week so I'll tell you if things look like they're supposed to.

Won't that be fun?
posted by The Writer 9:32 AM  
 
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< HOME

myprofile
Name: Pseudonym-er Home: Where my heart is. You don't wanna know.


previouspost
The epidemic.
A little intro.


myarchives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
September 2007
April 2011


mylinks
TemplatePanic
dooce
Rockstar Mommy
The Leery Polyp
A Little Pregnant
An Unexpected Journey


bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.