Anyone for Seconds?

Secondary Infertility is the name of the game. Who wants to play? A TTC blog of internal torture.

 

 

 
Friday, August 18, 2006
A little intro.
I was unaware when my son was born that he was to be the miracle. The surprise child that would give me a false sense of security, a misconception of gargantuan proportions concerning the ease with which I could become pregnant. I figured that if I could get pregnant the way I did it would just happen when that's what I was shooting for.

Sadly, this has not been the case.

Thus far we've been having unprotected you-know-what for well over a year. We've been temping and charting and OPKing for 10 months. We've had a "chemical pregnancy" or whatever the hell you want to call that nastiness. We've seen the doctors and blah blah blah.

I figure the less said about all that shit, the better.

In any case, we will be embarking on a new course. This course will start on the next cycle, which I imagine will take place in September sometime. I'm not quite finished with this cycle so we'll just have to wait. Oh the waiting. It's killing me.

In September we will start the drugs. The fertility drugs. It will be my first cycle with that nasty-mood-maker Clomid.

I'm only slightly concerned as my hubby has seen me bitchy plenty. My son? He can hide behind daddy. I'm sure I can manage to avoid friends and coworkers enough that they will still talk to me once I'm off the drugs.

If I ever get off the drugs. My plan goes a little like this: Start drugs at lowest dose, try this for a few cycles. If nothing happens go to higher dose for a few cycles. If again, nothing happens, go to a higher dose. If after that nothing happens, become a career alcoholic and start smoking.

With me so far?
posted by The Writer 5:23 PM  
 
1 Comments:
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Remember my Darling that Clomid is only OK for 6 cycles. THEN you marlboro and whisky your way into the "big" interventions. But I have faith in your ol' rusty uterus. It'll be full by then!

     
Post a Comment
<< HOME

myprofile
Name: Pseudonym-er Home: Where my heart is. You don't wanna know.


previouspost


myarchives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
September 2007
April 2011


mylinks
TemplatePanic
dooce
Rockstar Mommy
The Leery Polyp
A Little Pregnant
An Unexpected Journey


bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.